MONDAY STYLIST: STYLE IN THE RAIN
Audrey Masitsa, 10 years ago 2 2 min read 197
Hi all!!! I hope you had a great weekend. If you follow me on Facebook, you might have seen that I had been going through a rough spot the last few days. I’ll let you know about it when I can actually get myself to talk about it without crying. I’m recovering slowly, but I feel so much better today. I hope things will continue looking up.
Now that it has decided to rain constantly every morning, I get so discouraged to dress up. All I seem to want to wear is boots and a warm sweater, which I’ll discard as soon as the rain lets up. So I thought for today’s Monday Stylist post, I’d put together a few outfits that are ideal for this kind of weather.
When it’s raining, the temperatures drop and in some parts of the country it gets quite cold. I get so disturbed when I see ladies in their dainty sandals and sleeveless tops. I always wonder how come they aren’t feeling cold or what their health will be like after dressing like that for a week. Surely they’ll get sick!!
Pleather shoes, a rain coat, umbrella or a pair of boots are essential items when dressing for the rain. However these are just but accessories. Your outfit should also reflect the weather i.e. it should protect you from the bitter cold and ensure you are warm even if you get rained on. On the other hand, it should be stylish and able to uplift your spirits when the weather puts you down.
You can keep up with the trends even though it’s raining like mixing prints or colour-blocking.
i2s Style Tips
- Dresses and skirts are great when it’s raining. Wearing knee-length or mid-length skirts with stockings and boots will keep you warm and prevent your clothes from getting soaked.
- If you choose to wear trousers, this would be a good time to avoid those that are very long. Choose shorter versions. Those with a little something extra will completely transform your outfit and make you stand out from the crowd. Get trousers with prints or fun colours like red or cobalt blue avoiding blacks and browns.
- Shoes. I can’t stress this enough. When it’s raining the best shoes are closed-toe shoes. These will prevent your feet from getting wet thus keeping you warm. And a plus, who wants to step in icky dirty water from overflowing drains?? That’s just gross!!
- If you are wearing layers or your jacket is a bit on the bigger side, tie a belt to emphasize your waist and accessorize an otherwise ordinary outfit.
What other style tips do you use when it’s raining.
Happy Monday and have a fantastic week:)
You can also find me on:
Shop My Closet
Thanks Joy Shana. I needed a little inspiration for getting dressed in the morning.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
* You will receive a weekly newsletter from Inches To Style including most recent posts and videos, and musings on the latest happenings around the world.
Video: What I wore in a week
One of the things I promised myself I would do, ever since this pandemic started and life slowed down, is that I would dress up every single day. Granted, I had nowhere to go, but putting on an outfit, no matter how simple, uplifted my…
Love it,nice post