5 Things To Remind Yourself When You’re Stressed
When I am stressed, no amount of cajoling or distractions can get me to focus on anything else. I am usually totally overtaken by whatever it is that is stressing me. Sometimes it gets so bad that I am unable to work.
However, over time, I have realized that getting stressed and focusing so much on the negative, isn’t good for me. Apart from making me impossible to live with, stress prevents me from enjoying the moment. In an effort to fight my tendency to dwell so much on what is stressing me, I have started practicing these 5 things below and I have started noticing a change.
Below are 5 things to remind yourself when you are stressed.
1. All situations are temporary.
Nothing, whether good or bad, lasts forever. That’s just the way life is. So remind yourself that this situation too will pass, given time.
2.You have survived all the difficult moments of your past.
I particularly like to remind myself of this when I am feeling weakened and vulnerable from the burden of my challenges. Thinking about my past victories reminds me that I am strong enough to endure anything.
3. There’s no such thing as a wrong decision.
Every decision you make has consequences and lessons for you to learn. If you feel you made a wrong decision, look for the lessons there and you will definitely find a few.
4. Focus on one thing and find joy in it.
Train your mind to focus more on that one thing that brings you happiness and pay attention to it instead of focussing only on the negative.
5. Remember that there’s an entity bigger than you at work. You are being directed towards your destiny. When you let go and stop trying to control the outcome of every situation you will get less stressed.
* You will receive a weekly newsletter from Inches To Style including most recent posts and videos, and musings on the latest happenings around the world.
Video: What I wore in a week
One of the things I promised myself I would do, ever since this pandemic started and life slowed down, is that I would dress up every single day. Granted, I had nowhere to go, but putting on an outfit, no matter how simple, uplifted my…